Monday, October 13, 2008

Just finished first class of the year yesterday. Glory to God. I think it will be a good class. We have a very good, very entertaining and organized, teacher. Many people told me that there might be difficulties with the class because teachers begin the class speaking in Greek and not English, and because everything is disorganized and the students are often not motivated. None of these concerns seem to be the case here. Everyone seems to be motivated and the teacher seems excellent. Who knows. Maybe something will change. Glory to God!

Unfortunately (or fortunately I think) my internet (which I was 'borrowing' from my neighbors) is now secured. This means that internet access will be much less frequent (as I will be using it at the school). It is very interesting that this occurred on the same day classes were to start. I’m thinking that it is a two-fold sign. 1) Buy your own internet access, and stop stealing from others (even though you can hardly call it stealing…but maybe that is controversial) and 2) Focus more on the language.

I am also very excited to say that there are two Romanian clergymen in my class (one deacon and the other an Archimandrite) both of whom are from Bucharest and know Teo and Fr. Teofil. It is a SMALL world.

No comments: